Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Purchasing FREEDOM.


This might be the best $10 I've spent all year. Last week I had just finished my experiment of deactivating Facebook for a whole month. It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. And I just ended up scrolling through Tumblr pointlessly returning to blogs that haven't been updated. I wasn't getting any of my homework done and I felt like a zombie just clicking away while my brain really didn't do anything.

Today I don't have work so I have absolutely no excuse to sleep late or not even have some free time after dinner. Freedom helps me get things done. Knowing that I don't have access to the internet and that the only way to get it back is to 1) wait until the time limit runs out or 2) reboot my computer keep me focused with the task at hand. I will definitely be incorporating Freedom sessions daily to increase my productivity.

Also, I'm going to have to do something about the social network sites I'm on. Facebook is boring. I'm on it more to look up gossip than really communicate with people. Twitter is just a deluge of information that I don't care about--shorter version of Facebook. Tumblr is a little better because I specifically use it for weight loss motivation but still it has the potential to be a serious distraction. And there are probably more websites I'll find in the future.

Which is why I have to learn what I want to accomplish with my life. Cut out all the unnecessary things that hinder me from achieving my goals.

Putting Freedom on again to finish my paper due tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment