Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Ah, yes. This is the result of the imagination and resourcefulness of some bored college students who took advantage of the snowy day.

My sister and I were originally going to see "The Three Musketeers" but when we looked out the mall windows, there was a huge blizzard going on outside. She and I finished our shopping at the frantic Target and got some Chinese food to go. Then we busted our asses to the bus stop and battled our way to the back for some seats. I trudged through almost 15-20 minutes of snow with my pants getting soaked by the time I got back to my dorm, my feet and legs were numb.

My sister arrived an hour later and we proceeded to stay in enjoying out Chinese food and browsing the internet. We were just glad that we weren't outside anymore.

It got worse than that. The snow just kept coming. I'm pretty sure I remember the snow started around 2:00 pm and then continued until we went to bed around midnight that evening. Cra-azines. The street lights also went out. The campus started to lose power gradually. My area was hit last and by the time power went out, I figured I should be asleep anyway. The power came back on by the time we woke up so everything worked out for us.

Oh yeah, and my school canceled classes for today. I still have homework and readings and papers to do so I can't dilly dally for long. Just saw the giant pumpkin snow head outside and felt I should document this.

I might also skip out on work tonight. Don't feel like working--and we all know sick days aren't used when you're actually sick. ;)

Not that I'll be doing anything exciting. Just some writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment